Monterosso al Mare
A breathless Marina where the colorful houses meet the green hill. This is where the walking trail, known as Sentiero Azzurro, used to start to then connect the five villages but the section from Riomaggiore to Manarola called the Via dell’Amore is closed for an indefinite time
The second village s only 500 meters away from the first one. Since the Via dell Amore has been shut down you will have to take the train to reach it from Riomaggiore
This is the village with the toughest access to the sea. It is also the highest one and the smallest one. There is lemon just everywhere in the village.
The ancient lookout fortress in Vernazza will give you an incredible view of the entire Gulf of Cinque Terre. So much was done since 2011 when torrential rains, massive flooding, and mudslides that left the town buried in over 4 meters of mud and debris struck the village.
Monterosso al Mare:
This the biggest (about 1500 inhabitants) and the oldest of the Cinque Terre’s villages. It is in our opinion the less picturesque one. Because it has the largest beach on the coast it is still the most visited of the 5 villages. A tunnel divides the old town and the new one.
Don’t forget to have a look at the Neptune giant while eating one of the Focacceria from the Focacceria Antonio.
In a nutshell:
Cinque Terre Card :
- Use of ecological Park buses
- Access to all trekking paths
- Wi-fi internet connection
- 1 day Cinque Terre Card: € 7,50
- 2 days Cinque Terre Card: € 14,50
Price children (from 4 years to 12 years old):
- 1 day Cinque Terre Card: € 4,50
- 2 days Cinque Terre Card: € 7,20
- 1 day Cinque Terre Card: € 19,60
- 2 days Cinque Terre Card: € 31,50
Cinque Terre : Train MS Card
- 2nd class acces to regional and fast regional trains
- Access to the Park area
- Guided visits according to program
- Use of bus service managed by ATC within the Park
- Free use of pay toilet
- Internet access through the Park’s wifi hotspot
- Entrance at a reduced price to Museums
At every Cinque Terre train station, you can buy the card and get maps and all other information needed.
from 2/11/2016 to 31/03/2017 and from 2/11/2017 to 31/12/2017:
- 1 day Cinque Terre Train Card € 13
2 days Cinque Terre Train Card € 23
- from 1/04/2017 to 1/11/2017:
1 day Cinque Terre Train Card € 16
2 days Cinque Terre Train Card € 29
3 days Cinque Terre Train Card € 41
Price (4 years to 12 years old):
- from 2/11/2016 to 31/03/2017 and from 2/11/2017 to 31/12/2017: 1 day Cinque Terre Train Card € 7,30
- from 1/04/2017 to 1/11/2017: 1 day Cinque Terre Train Card € 10
- from 2/11/2016 to 31/03/2017 and from 2/11/2017 to 31/12/2017: (2 adults + 2 children to 12 years old) daily: € 31,50
- from 1/04/2017 to 1/11/2017: (2 adults + 2 children to 12 years old) daily: € 42